Kanapaha Presbyterian Church Photo Gallery > Kanapaha Church at Stengal Field
Image 95 of 156

Kanapaha Church at Stengal Field

Kanapaha has actually existed at three locations: The 1859 church which stood on the cemetery site, the 1886 church at Archer Rd and 75th ST, and for a "relatively" brief period (ten years), in this wood-frame converted house at Stengal Field (Present-day Butler Plaza), which formerly served the University Lutheran Church. The Congregation voted to move back to the historic sanctuary in 1970, when it became economically possible to renovate the sanctuary and resume services there.